Open Call For Artistic Residencies In Poland And Tanzania
The ART TRANSPARENT Foundation (Wrocław, Poland) and Nafasi Art Space (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), are pleased to announce a call for artists for the DECONFINING project. We are looking for video artists to participate in research residencies and develop new moving image works.
Application deadline: 31 August 2023
One of the aims of the DECONFINING project is to foster relationships between artists and cultural professionals in Europe and Africa through residencies, the production of new works in moving image and their presentation and dissemination in the partner countries.
We are looking for artists working in the moving image (e.g. video, animation, film, digital and found footage, etc.) who are willing to develop a new work of art within the framework and parameters of this project.
- Artists working with moving images and with documented artistic experience (works, exhibitions, projects, etc.).
- coming from or based in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Kenya, Poland, Rwanda, Slovakia, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia,
- with a working knowledge of English.
What we offer
- Research residency in Tanzania for artists from Europe (1-2 weeks);
- research residency in Poland for artists from Africa (1-2 weeks);
- networking with experts in the chosen research field;
- opportunity to get to know the partners' artistic community through networking events and presentations;
- production budget to create a new moving image work;
- presentation of the work in Wroclaw and Dar es Salaam.
- Availability to travel on research residencies (artists from Europe to Tanzania in January 2024; artists from Africa to Poland in June 2024);
- ability to create moving images according to an agreed timeframe;
- proven experience;
- the working language of the project is English, so communicative knowledge of this language is required. (Moving image works can be created in the languages of the participants).
How to apply
Apply by filling in this form by 31 August 2023. The application requires the following:
- an art portfolio showcasing artworks with working links to view the moving image works,
- an artist CV highlighting experience (such as training, participation in exhibitions and projects, etc.),
- short answers to three questions.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Let’s talk about deconfining: firstname.lastname@example.org